Religious Education Update
As we await detailed direction from the Archdiocese of Hartford regarding the holding of religious education classes for the next academic year, and out of an abundance of concern for our youth
and Catechists, Our Lady of Victory Parish has tentatively put into place the following outline for the
2020/2021 year. Please know that the safety of all is our first priority.
Please exercise patience in regards to these decisions as we are doing the best we can with the
information we have regarding the pandemic. Please continue to check the Parish Facebook page and
website for updates and information. The email address of the Director of Religious Education is: firstname.lastname@example.org and her office phone number is (203) 933-0044.
• Religious Education classes
for the school year 2020-21 will only include Sacramental Preparation classes (grades 2, 3, 8, 9) This change is only temporary, and we look forward to welcoming all our students back a year from now!
• Classes will be socially distant in seating and masks are required.
Outdoor classes during fine weather are a possibility. Our new campus has beautiful gardens and open spaces.
• All other grades are excused from classes for the term Sept. 2020 - April 2021. Students will be moved up to the next grade accordingly when we fully reopen.
for the Sacramental Prep classes (grades 2, 3, 8, 9) will take place in person at the new Capt. Thomas Blvd. location on
Thursday and Friday evenings in JULY from 6pm to 8pm. The dates are: July 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
Please be sure to register in person on one of those dates! Reminders will be posted on Facebook and our website.
• First Holy Communion
for classes that had theirs postponed: SATURDAY MAY 1, 2021 (More info will be provided for those parents involved) Rehearsal will be the week prior.
• These First Communicants will be required to take four "catch up" classes scheduled especially for them during the late winter/early spring. More info will be provided soon.
• First Holy Communion
for the new class of rising third graders: SATURDAY, MAY 8, 2021 (more info will be provided for those parents involved). Rehearsal will be the week prior.
• First Reconciliation
for the new class of rising third graders will be Friday evening December 11, 2020 in the church.
• Confirmation 2020
is postponed until Spring of 2021 (most likely in April after Easter) More information will be forthcoming to families involved. There will be a rehearsal scheduled that week.
• Confirmation Candidates who were supposed to be Confirmed this autumn will be required to attend four classes in late February and March of 2021. (More information will be forthcoming)
• Rising ninth graders will have their Confirmation as scheduled in late autumn of 2021 during sophomore year.
• STAY SAFE!